CALL TO GLORY: FR CYRIL IBE PASSES ON
Rev Fr Cyril Nnodi Ibe, CMF was born on 12 September, 1977 to the family of late Mr Joseph Ibe and Mrs Janet Ibe of Amawom Owere Nchise, Owerri Municipal Council Imo State. He was the third son and fourth child of six children (4 Males, 2 Females) of his parents.
After his primary education, young Cyril gained admission into the St Peter Claver Minor Seminary Okpala (1990-1995). It was here that the desire to serve God as a priest began to blossom. He was admitted as a postulant in the Congregation of Missionary Sons of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (Claretian Missionaries) on the 31st day of March 2000. He made his First Religious Profession on 8th September, 2001 and Final Profession on 8th September 2008. He was ordained a priest on 10th July, 2010.
As a priest Fr Cyril carried out the following assignments:
· 2010-2011 Parochial Vicar St Patrick’s Catholic Parish Iyamoyong, Ogoja Diocese, Cross River State.
· 2011-2013 School Manager, Claret Secondary School Nekede, Owerri Imo State
· 2012 Mass Collector and Spiritual Director Claret Academy Secondary School New Owerri, Imo State
· 2012 –2013 Coordinator Claretian Youth Ministry
· 2014- 2015 Parochial Vicar Akropong Parish Ghana
· 2015-2018 Member Claretian Provincialate
· 2017-2018 Teacher, Claret Academy Secondary School New Owerri, Imo State
He was known for his unassuming simplicity. He had a special interest in evangelization through the social media and in poetry. Fr Cyril is known for the simple way he conveys the gospel message through story telling. He had battled with illness for the greater part of his priestly ministry but has always carried his suffering with cheerfulness. He died after a brief illness on 13 March, 2018 at Salvation Hospital Owerri Imo State Nigeria
October 11, 2018
September 10, 2018
July 29, 2018